Monday, August 20, 2012

The Grad School Life: New Beginnings

In one week, I will begin my graduate schooling at the University of North Texas in Denton, TX. I can't express how excited I am about all of the new experiences and challenges I will have pursuing this Master of Journalism degree.

I know for a fact God Almighty will connect me with the right people to accomplish His plan for my life.

I recently found out that I became a sports writer for the North Texas Daily (shameless plug, follow @NTDaily) and the first staff meeting was today and tomorrow. The mood was rather enlightening as I met most of the staff and my section editor, Josh. He seems pretty laid-back.

My journey for the next two years or so will be one of the best of my life. I believe it will give me the opportunity to break some habits and create new ones so that I can be the best journalist God wants me to be upon graduation.

Keep up with my grad school journey with the hashtag #gradschoollife on twitter @ubathediplomat.

My goal is to start at a local paper like the Dallas Morning News and work my way up. My dream job is to cover sports for ESPN or other sports media sites. God willing, I will cover a Summer Olympic Games or a major sporting event.

I firmly declare that God will fulfill every need of mine and my heart's desires. I will need many prayer warriors.

Orientation is on Saturday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment